Information about the person responsible for the processing of personal data in their social networks
Following the duty of information established in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27 (GDPR) and LO 3/2018, of December 5, Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights, INSTITUT D’INVESTIGACIÓ BIOMÉDICA DE BELLVITGE (from now on, IDIBELL), wishes to inform the users of any social network of its domain the policy regarding treatment and protection of personal data of those who voluntarily they access and they can use them.
Data of minors or incapacitated
The access and registration in the social networks of the person in charge by minors of fourteen (14) years and incapable, requires the consent of the owner of the parental authority or guardianship of the user or his legal representative for access and use. IDIBELL will be expressly exonerated from any liability that may arise from the use of its official page by minors and incapacities being the responsibility of their legal representatives in each case.
Identification of the person responsible
IDIBELL is responsible for the personal data of the user, which hare collected and stored in the social network, without prejudice to the treatments for which the titular entity of the social network in which our page is responsible is official.
Purposes to which personal data, information, and consent are intended
Personal data provided voluntarily by the user to IDIBELL, through its official website of the social network will be part of a data processing responsibility of RESPONSIBLE, by e-mail, fax, SMS, MMS, social communications or any other electronic or physical means, present or future, that enables commercial communication, sending a newsletter to those users who subscribe expressly, exchange information with IDIBELL, and other users and establish contact with third parties.
From the moment the user uses the official website of the social network, their free, unequivocal, specific, informed, and express consent is given for the processing of their personal data by IDIBELL.
The user is free to use the official page of IDIBELL, in any social network of his domain, so that in case the user does not agree with the processing of their data with such purposes, he should not use it or provide his personal information.
Through the official page of the responsible social networks, the user can share texts, photos, videos, and other training and / or content that will be subjected to both this policy and rules and conditions of the platform.
The user may only publish on the official pages of the social networks of the person in charge of the personal data, photographs, and information or other content whose ownership belongs to him or in respect of which he holds the authorization of third parties.
IDIBELL shall have the right to remove from its official pages of social networks – unilaterally and without prior communication or permission of the user – any content published by the user when it infringes or violates current legislation, the rules set out in this policy and the provisions of the platform.
Identification of the recipients concerning whom IDIBELL, foresees the realization of assignment or data communications
The user is advised that all the information and contents will be published on the official pages of the social networks of the person in charge may be known by remaining users of the official website and the social network platform. Consequently, all information and content published by the user on the official website of RESPONSIBLE, in this social network, will be the subject of a communication to the rest of the users by the very nature of the service.
IDIBELL has only planned the realization of assignments or communications of data that, because of the current regulations, must be made to judges, courts, public administrations, and competent authorities of an administrative nature.
Other third-party service providers
IDIBELL warns the user that this entity is only co-responsible and guarantees the confidentiality, security, and treatment of the data by this policy, regarding the personal data collected from the user through their social networks, not having no type of responsibility concerning the procedures and subsequent uses of personal data that could be carried out both by the owner of the social network, and by third-party service providers of the information society that could access such data because of the provision of its services or exercise of its activity, as well as third parties that establish hyperlinks to the social network, or those who are responsible for those who through hyperlinks of RESPONSIBLE send to the users attached to this official page.
IDIBELL warns the user that, except for the existence of a legally constituted representation. No user can use the identity of another person and communicate their personal data. So the user at all times must have an account that only can be provided by personal data corresponding to their own identity, and that is appropriate, pertinent, current, exact, and true. In any case, the user must respect the privacy of third parties. Whether they are users or not of the social network or the official page of CO-RESPONSIBLE, in it.
IDIBELL recommends, following instructions from the Instituto Nacional de Tecnologías de la Comunicación (INTECO) and the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (AEPD), for the use of social networks or browsing in web environments, the execution of the following actions ( if one day it is available for use):
- It is recommended that all users use pseudonyms or personal nicks with which to operate over the Internet, allowing them to have a real «digital identity,» which does not jeopardize the safety of their personal and professional lives.
- It is recommended that users take special care when publishing audiovisual and graphic content in their profiles, as in this case, they may be putting at risk the privacy and intimacy of people around them.
- It is recommended that the degree of privacy of the user’s profile on the social network be configured appropriately in such a way that it is not entirely public, but only those persons who have been previously cataloged as «friends» or «direct contacts» by the user have access to the information published on the profile.
- It is recommended to accept as a contact only those people known or with whom you have a previous relationship, not compulsively accepting all requests for communication you receive and investigating whenever possible and necessary, who is the person requesting contact through the social network.
- It is recommended not to publish in the user profile physical contact information, which allows anyone to know where he lives, where he works, or studies daily or the leisure places he frequents.
- Users of microblogging tools are advised to take special care concerning the publication of information regarding the areas in which they are at any moment.
- It is recommended that you only use and publish content for which you have sufficient intellectual property rights. Otherwise, the user will be committing a civil offense that can be protected by national courts.
- It is recommended to use passwords with a minimum length of 8 characters, alphanumeric, and with the use of upper and lower case letters.
- It is recommended that all users have installed and correctly updated antivirus software on their computers.
- Minors should not reveal excessive personal data. Never provide data to strangers.
- All information concerning the website should be read. It explains who are its holders and the purpose for which the data is requested.
- Usernames and passwords should not be communicated to third parties, nor shared among friends or classmates. These data are private and should not be communicated to third parties and/or unknown.
- Whenever there is any doubt regarding a situation arising from the use of social networks and collaborative tools, parents or guardians should be asked.
- Activate parental control and platform control tools, as well as establishing the parent’s or guardian’s e-mail as secondary contact e-mail.
- Make sure age verification checks are in place.
- Ensure the correct installation of the content blocker.
Rights that assist the interested party:
The right to withdraw consent at any time. The right of access, rectification, portability, and suppression of your data and the limitation or opposition to your treatment. The right to file a claim for the protection of your rights with the Catalan Agency for data protection. If you consider that the treatment does not comply with current regulations.
Other information of interest
IDIBELL may modify and/or replace at any time this policy, which, as the case may be, will replace, complete and/or modify the currently published here collected. Therefore, the user must periodically access them to keep them updated. The user can contact RESPONSIBLE through the internal messaging service of the social network through the following addresses and contact information:
INSTITUT D’INVESTIGACIÓ BIOMÉDICA DE BELLVITGE (IDIBELL)
Address: Gran Via de l’Hospitalet, 199-203, 2a planta, 08908 de L’Hospitalet de Llobregat
Also, the user can consult the rules and policies published by the owner of the social network for the use of it.